Wednesday, March 19, 2008

HEARTS AT HOME 2008!!

WOW! What an inspirational 2 days!!

First, If you don't know what Hearts-at-Home is all about please check out their site http://www.hearts-at-home.org/. Last year my friend Becky and I went for the first time and loved it. We met her cousin Kay and her friend, Robyn (who flew in from Vermont). The four of us planned on meeting again this year. Well, our foursome turned into an eightsome and more friends were appearing out of the crowds.

This past weekend Becky picked me up at 4:15 am (YES, I was still sleeping; my eyes were just open). We picked up 2 more friends; Sara and Shelley. We were off at the crack of dawn to Normal, IL. Let me tell you, I don't believe we stopped talking those 2 days, unless we were sleeping or in the shower.

Our first workshop began at 8:30 am with song, praise, stories of brave women sharing their lives and how they came to Jesus. We shed tears, we laughed and we sang praises to our Father! Cheri Keaggy was our main entertainment and WOW was she exhilarating, breathtaking, that I am listening to her right now as I blog. Check her out at http://www.cherikeaggy.com/home/index.html. She shared her own stories and her son came out to play on the drums. She mentioned her son is single!

Here is Cheri and her band singing their praises to our Lord!

Debbie, Robyn and Kay can't enough!

Shelley and Sara with their bright smiling faces!
This is both their first time at Hearts-at-Home.

Becky and I (I am on the left) feeling right at home.

The 3 lovely ladies who flew in from Vermont!
Kay (Becky's cousin), Robyn and newcomer, Debbie!

My friend, Nicole (far right) with her friends.

Our eightsome!
Becky, our new friend, Patricia (joined us on Friday night for the 'moms night out' program), Me, Kay, Robyn, Debbie, Shelley and Sara.

Most of us had different schedules but we connected whenever we can. The workshops that I took were perfect for my season in life. My 2 favorite speakers were Kirk Weaver and Susie Larsen (you can google them if you wish). I enjoyed them so much that I took both of their classes. Karen Ehman (google her as well) was another one who spoke about organization! I learned a lot from her and already implemented her 'brain in a binder' system.

Karl usually benefits from me going away from the girls! I come home all excited to share all that I have learned. Off topic then I will get back on topic........Whenever I go away for 2 or more days he seems to always have to take LOADS and I mean LOADS of laundry to the laundromat to get cleaned. His way of helping me catch up with laundry. This time when I returned I asked if he took any laundry to the laundromat (there wasn't any laundry to take! Looking for praise.) He didn't even noticed that the laundry was all cleaned or should I say dirty? Its amazing that my husband only noticed the mess but not what was clean. A huge aha moment in my understanding of my husband.

I really didn't know where I was going with that but I thought I would share! If you have a chance to attend a Hearts-at-Home convention, I suggest that you do! It is inspirational, fulfilling, teaches you so much more than what you would expect.

I enjoyed spending time with my friends, making new friends and truly seeing our Lord at work!!

God Bless You All,
Lisa

No comments: