Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quality Time

CHOO, CHOO, CHOO...Do you hear the whistle blowing?

I do! I wanted to share what my husband and kids have been up to a few months back. My husband, Karl saved his train set from childhood (I don't remember what kind it is :( He thought it would be fun to make a 'town' together with the kids in the basement.

They began with the ground...Karl built a table then he and Joshua both painted the table green. Later to find the type of paint they used didn't come off!!! I believe it had an oil base. So, they were green for a while. Karl found a hobby store and bought some green grass to cover the green paint. Apparently we did not have enough green! He figured that it would look a little more authentic...and of course it did!

On one of his visits to the hobby shop, he brought home the first building of 'our town'. It was a church! A beautiful white church! He also brought home a 'bluegrass band'! Don't forget my husband plays in a band and he plays the banjo. So, what kind of town would we have if we didn't have a band??

As you can see for yourself our little 'town' is coming along. They will add a river, general store, and other items as time goes by.

Here is a short clip. I had another video but it was too long to put on the blog. Enjoy.



I wanted to share this with you because it was fun watching them work and learn together. Watching their love and friendship blossom before my eyes and God's eyes. This is why He created us the way we are; for His delight. God enjoys watching His children grow in love, faithe, in relationships, and spiritually. For parents to learn from their children and children to learn from their parents. Without the faith that we have as a family I truly believe that we (and Karl) wouldn't of truly taken the time (quality and patience) to build not just a town for the train but a relationship with the kids. God Bless you all as you take the time to spend 'quality time' with your family building those relationships. Not only with our children or yours but with your extended family and friends. Most of you know first hand that 'our time' here on earth is short! Love on those who are around you!! I love you all.

No comments: