Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE

  • AGE 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen
  • AGE 8: She looks at herself and sees Cinderella
  • AGE 15: She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister (Mum I can't go to school looking like this!)
  • AGE 20: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/ too tall, too straight/too curly" – but decides she's going out anyway
  • AGE 30: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/ too tall, too straight/too curly" – but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, so she's going out anyway.
  • AGE 40: She looks at herself and sees "clean" and goes out anyway.
  • AGE 50: She looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes wherever she wants to go
  • AGE 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't eve see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers the world.
  • AGE 70: She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and enjoys life. (I hope I see wisdom way before I turn 70!)
  • AGE 80: Doesn't bother to look. Just pus on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

I found this article in a Kane County Woman Newspaper in 2004. I don't even know if this paper still exists. I do know that this article is funny and I kept it all this year. I have thrown it away since my husband seems to think that I am a pack rat (what would give him that idea??).

I have been purging for some time and apparently I still have more to purge. I have not been able to stop donating to Goodwill. I do know one thing; it isn't just my stuff getting donated!!

No comments: