Thursday, May 28, 2009

St. Louis, Birthday, Fair, ultrasound...


Last month the kids and went to St. Louis with Miss Sara and her girls. We packed the van and headed south for 5 days of fun and relaxation (and some vomiting). I have never been to Springfield and we were stopping there on the way. We stopped at Lincoln's Museum and we all had a great time. The movie part was the best!!! Did you notice how we squeezed in...some learning? The moms are so smart.

Next stop...St. Louis Zoo. More learning squeezed in on this. The zoo was free (the best part) and it was really a nice zoo. They even had a bear I never existed. Right now I can't remember the name of the bear. Sara, help me here.


This is where we stayed, on the family farm!! It was beautiful there and the weather was perfect! They had chickens! The highlight of my whole trip. We got to see all the different color eggs the different chickens laid. The kids had fun looking for the eggs on the ground. They also saw baby ducks and they just had a great time. I had a blast. I hope we can go there again.


We squeezed in a day of school. Who says you can't learn on vacation?

Here is another example of learning. The St. Louis Arch. They had a museum and a movie to watch how it all began. We also got in these egg shaped vehicle to take us to the top! Talk about feeling like Mork from Ork. Once we got to the top you can walk around and look down!!



My first born turns 9!!

I think she is 4 in this photo. I use to love doing 'photo shoots' with her. See her hair?? This is when she actually let me do her hair. I miss those days.

Now, look at my big girl!!

Anna wanted to have a birthday 'tea party' with a few of her closest friends. She also wanted to use our good china. I was nervouse at first and then I agreed. Nothing got broken :>) Here is the table that I set up for Anna and her lovely guests. They each had individual votive candles and gift bags displayed by each table setting.

They were wonderful. I had fun wearing my apron and going to each guest asking what they would like to eat. They started out with muffins; then they had a choice of chicken nuggets, miniature quiche and/or pizza rolls. I served fruit on the side and of course finished with the cupcakes shaped like a flower.

Look how beautiful they all look!!
Hannah, Cousin Brittany, Birthday Girl, Marah and Lydia

We had to do a fun photo!



Academic Fair
Every year our home school group NPLH hosts an Academic Fair where the kids get to share what they have been learning all year long. They also have a kindergarten and 8th grade graduation ceremony. This year my big 5.5 year old graduated from kindergarten (sniff, sniff). The kids stood up front and they were prayed over and blessed for their upcoming years in school. They even received certificates!

This year the kids chose to do a combined project on tae-kwondo. It was great to watch my kids work together as a team!!

Last, but not least my ultrasound that took 2 hours! Don't ask me why, it just did. All I can say is that from what I can tell the baby looks good. He/she had all it limbs, fingers and toes. It was fun to see the baby sucking its thumb and bouncing all over the place.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Great pix! Can I steal some from Anna's party for Marah's blog? :)