Wednesday, July 9, 2008

SIMPLIFY

I was ready to sit down and talk about organizing. Or least what I have done to try to be organized! It seems (I did not get this gift) that it is something I am learning and relearning on a daily basis. There are days that everything is perfect and then there are months when it looks like I haven't done a thing.

I was looking for images of my pantry (that I did reorganize) to share with you. I found this image above instead. As some of you know, my husband has a sign in the kitchen that reads; SIMPLIFY. It isn't hanging anywhere but it is on a window ledge where my husband can pick it and go, "Lisa, (pointing to the sign) don't forget our new motto." I smile at him and reply, "I am doing my best with the gifts I was given." It use to make me angry that I couldn't do it all. It makes me sad to think that I wanted to do it all. Who was I kidding. HELLO LADIES, we are not meant to do it all. Who says we need to do it all?? God, did not create us to be robots, or lets see how many activities I can squeeze in one day. Boy, I am SOOO guilty of this!

Perfect example of this is Mary and Martha, Luke 10:38-42.

38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


We just read this over the weekend for family devotion. I guess as I am writing this I had no idea I was going to refer to this exact scripture. I love it when I see God in action! He knew! I am Martha. This is why we need to turn to the word. To learn from the bible. What we are doing today is truly no different from the bible times. The only difference is convenience. Really, how important is convenience??

I am meeting lovely ladies everyday who are changing their lifestyles to a simpler time of living. I am seeing that firsthand AND I love it!!! Back to the image above. This is my backyard with my towels hanging out to dry. I love going out in the mornings to hang my clothes. I have noticed the birds singing, peace, found perfect prayer time, a thankful heart that each day we are renewed, and relaxation. Ladies, did you know by line drying your clothes that God made a natural starch??? I would call it, wind. What a wonderful gift!

Thank you Lord for your son, Jesus. It still amazes me the life He gave!! I am in awe of YOU.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments: