Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Further Still With God...

If you never heard of Proverbs 31, go check it out. I have signed up to receive their daily devotions for about 1 1/2 years. I don't always read them (daily) but I do try to read them on a weekly basis.

Today's devotion 'Further Still with God' is a reality check for me. My faith/walk with the Lord has been increasing these past 5 years. The last 2 years being the biggest changes in my life and in my families life. Starting out with my personal walk with the Lord, homeschooling, learning (and am) a helpmeet to my husband, reading the bible, prayers, and the list goes on. It is a great reminder to remember to look to the heavens and pray. God has nudged me so hard that now all He has to do is look at me. You know the look your parents would give and you know you have to listen. This is where I am with the Lord. I am little hard headed (but not anymore!). When God wants me to do something, I jump (most of the time). Then there are times that i do ask, "why?", "What are your plans?", "I don't understand?" and "I need your help."

I do know that I can lean on God. I do know that I will continue to grow in my faith each day. I do know that when I start my day with our Lord, my day is so much better. I am at peace. I pray for patience each day and to show me what is important. Sometimes, the laundry does need to pile up so I can sit and laugh with the kids. The dishes can wait so I can hug my husband when he comes home from work. Time management is my worst and I am getting better with the Lord's help.

Life happens a lot. God happens 24/7, He gave this life! Without God, we wouldn't have all the blessings that we have been blessed with.

These are my goals:
  1. Each morning to spend time with our Father and in His word.
  2. To be an example and remember how to turn our daily life to be like Christ.
  3. To be a servant of the Lord.
  4. Family devotion.
  5. To stop and breathe.
To stop and breathe, I think is my biggest thing that I don't do. To stop and breathe and say, "Thank you Lord!"

No comments: