Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Memories...

We finally made it to Door County! I must say that we are extremely blessed to have a great baby that travels well. He did not complain once!! I was able to do some crocheting, chat with my husband and learn about the placebo effect. Karl downloaded some NPR radio shows for me and the kids (wahoo). Yes, there is a little sarcasm.

It was neat to drive into Door County. we haven't been back for 7 years! We really like it here. It brought back a lot of great memories and some sad ones. My first time here was when Karl and I got married. He brought me here for our honeymoon...we went camping! I am not the camping type (I can handle it now). Back then, not so much. We did go to a resort afterwards!!!!

When I was pregnant with Joshua; we brought my brother's kids and Anna for a little camping and swimming. Anna was mentioning all that she remembered. Good memories. We did have to cut our vacation short because Karl's uncle passed away. Then a month later, my brother died. Then I delivered Joshua. It was a crazy summer that year.

Today, we are making new memories!! Eric is sleeping, Karl and the kids are at the pool and I have a few minutes of quiet.


Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow

Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow is only a vision. But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day, for it is life, the very life of life. The Sanskrit

No comments: